Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant
Employee’s work schedule will be Tuesday through Saturday - 9:00am-6:00pm
To hire a professional Executive Assistant who will provide valuable support and assist the principal with her daily activities at the office and in her home.
Office and home are located in San Francisco
- Extremely discreet and mindful of confidentiality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills
- Self-starter, take charge, proactive, sees problems and resolves them.
- Flexible and able to accommodate changes in routine and plans.
- Excellent computer skills (standard Microsoft Office Suite programs; internet searches/research as needed).
- Efficient and accuracy of handling phones and guests
- Reliable and punctual
- Quiet and poised, amicable personality
- Proactive and good at multi-tasking
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Must be able to willingly accommodate needs of the principal
- Be able to travel with the employer when necessary
- Occasional overnight may be required
- Well-groomed with excellent personal hygiene
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Excellent knowledge of San Francisco as some driving may be required in this role
- Maintain principal’s personal calendar
- Confirm, schedule and reschedule appointments and meetings (i.e. beauty, fitness, medical, philanthropy, etc.)
- Re-confirm meetings
- Proactively schedule appointments
- Keep principal on schedule and on point with accurate schedule at all times
- Travel with the principal as required
- Be prepared to work late before and after a trip and if necessary the weekend before
- Interface with principal regarding scheduling implications of trip and travel itineraries
- Make sure that the calendar has all important dates, i.e. family events, dinners, travel, social, etc.
- Coordinate charity-related event activity with Foundation Director
- Drafting of principal’s personal correspondence duties
- Answer incoming calls with PA, screen calls, take messages, maintain call log
- Schedule time for principal to meet with employees
- Create daily schedule and remind principal of Birthdays and Anniversaries for the following day
- Coordinate with Estate Manager on need-to-know schedule information
Other Office Duties:
- Answer incoming calls, screen calls and take messages
- Prepare To Do List which includes phone calls to return, E mails to return etc.
- Understand protocols for and lead the management of office database (entering new information, updating existing information)
- Keep current folders on correspondence and website information for philanthropic and civic events and meetings
- Keep a manifest of charity event RSVP deadlines and table listing deadlines
- Set up conference room as required, ensure you check with principal for her requirements in regards to food and beverages
- Serve the principal her meal on a tray – chef prepares usually on occasions you may need to place on plate etc.
- Interface with principal regarding principal’s public e-mail account inquiries; compose and reply to incoming public e-mail account inquiries accordingly.
- After Monday morning meeting with principal, meet with Personal Assistant to discuss work folder and distribute to other staff members per principal’s instructions.
- Prepare the End of Day report and assemble the Day-End Packet for principal.
- Process “outgoings”
- Outgoing mail
- Outgoing faxes
- Outgoing FedEx, including tracking to confirm delivery
- Other outgoing packages
- Know and meet daily outgoing pick-up deadlines for outgoing mail and FedEx
- Make sure that all appropriate documents are signed and properly routed post-signature.
- Run errands
- Book limousine services or other transportation as directed
- Drive principal to appointments and events as needed
- Travel-related duties; Duties may include:
- Make airline, hotel, transportation reservations
- Coordinate with flight operations and book private plane as requested
- Prepare and present trip itineraries
- Secure tickets and reservations for events
- Schedule transportation needs for visiting family members and friends
Flexibility, great organizational ability and confidentiality are of the upmost importance in this role.