Job Title: Property Manager with positive attitude and friendly demeanor
(prefer locals to northern California as they are familiar with flora and fauna and vendors)
Location: North Marin County, CA
Schedule: Monday through Friday, but flexible for weekends when needed by family/principal
Overview: This is a new position for the family. Newly purchased extensive property ready for someone to oversee land and house projects, maintenance, research contractors, create budgets, timelines, handle proposals, etc., while also being a great communicator with principals. They want someone that has experience in working autonomously, creating positive relationships with vendors, handling a multitude of projects all while keeping on a smile. You will have the freedom to make your own decisions but always with the principals’ best interest addressed. Good natured, trustworthy problem solver!
- Second extensive property next door will also need assistance.
- You will be around the family’s children and thus we need someone that is child-friendly, able to be patient while they might ask questions and even want to help you on the property.
- Family has a dog, will be getting chickens and might consider goats for property maintenance.
- Position is labor intensive the first two years or so and transition into “maintenance” and controlled projects after everything is set up/built.
The main residence is on the peninsula, this is a secondary (weekend/vacation) property for the family that you will be overseeing:
Need to get housekeeper, on-call or as-needed (eventually)
Need tree care contractor!!
Personal Assistant part-time
- Handy-person take on tasks that don’t need to be outsourced; simple fence building or repair, checking irrigation, small house repairs, carpentry, lighting, etc.
- Manage constructions projects for large grounds and homes
- Projects to address: trees, garden design and upkeep, water management, agricultural, irrigation systems, road maintenance, fruit orchards, natural stream maintenance, propane, pest control (big four-legged ones, two legged ones and the little burrowing ones and the flying/crawling ones!), wells/pumps, power generator/back-up and fire suppression
- Overseeing construction of a pool
- Construction of a chicken coop and on-going care of said chickens
- Help create vegetable garden and maintain
- Create trails on property
- Ongoing field management with goats?
- Reporting monthly cost analysis and annual expenditures
- Address each project with full analysis of cost, timeline and materials necessary; present for approval by principal
- Analyze all present costs homes incur from utilities to supplies and determine if there can be changes made through “green” methods or other cost-effective techniques – example; solar and water capture
- Set up and maintain systems/schedules in each home by creating a maintenance manual and household manual (where applicable) to create efficiency
- Manage and maintain timelines and scheduling for projects with vendors and subcontractors
- Create reports to update principals on status of each property and projects
- Plan and execute budgets
- Keep track of all expenses for tasks under the direct control of this position and submit to principal; organizing bills/invoices and approving invoice for payment via knowledge of the work the vendor performed and being aware of “padding” (time and costs)
- Keep up on newly acquired contents/purchases for inventory lists and insurance records
- Setting up contracts with subs such as housecleaners and mowers for on-going maintenance
- Pets; feeding and vet care
- Errands as needed
- Preparing house for family arrival, stocking with foods and other items
- Coordinating/completing furniture delivery and assembly
- Construction projects; new and renovations for home and grounds
- Research and vetting efficient/experienced contractors and vendors for projects
- Knowledge of computers (Mac and PC), household and grounds’ systems and more
- Worked in high end homes managing extensive lands
- Background and understanding of HVAC, AV, plumbing, lighting, extensive grounds, irrigation, water features, outdoor facilities, gardens, trees, roads, propane, pest control, generator and power supply and range land
- Diplomacy – to be able to work with neighboring properties/principals as well as city/county offices to obtain permits and negotiate when needed
- CONFIDENTIALITY IS A MUST
Communication and work style:
- Partner with principal
- Work autonomously but collaborative with principals
- Clear and concise – easy to talk to but not too much
- Text or email
- Create easy to read reports and task sheets
- Takes initiative
- Friendly personality with family/extended family and friends
- Top tier salary – open to the right person
- Bonus plan
- Health insurance
- Holidays 9 national holidays off unless needed for events in which you will be given another day off
Live-in Accommodations: This is not a live-in position