**For those interested in this position, we need the experience listed below for you to be considered. We will only respond to those candidates that match our client's expectations. Thank you.**
Job Title: Executive Operations Director
The employer is a Family Office (FO) located in the NYC metropolitan area with properties in other locations in the U.S. The office oversees financial, legal and employee management services for a high net worth, multi-generational family.
This is a senior executive position in the FO with responsibility for overseeing a new client service function to all family members.
The ideal candidate will have experience serving high net worth families and is able to anticipate and meet their unique needs while ensuring that standards and controls are in place. This candidate is someone with a passion for excellence who has worked in hospitality or estate management. He or she must be very flexible, discreet and able to deal with long-range and multi-site planning while attending to the day-to-day details that are so important to the principals.
- Build-out and consolidate a personal client service function within the FO to serve the family members. Coordinate with other senior executives and functions within the FO, including legal, HR and accounting.
- Provide oversight for multiple properties across the country, ensuring consistency of standards, procedures and services and serving as key liaison with family members for the management of these households. Develop in-depth knowledge about the unique characteristics of each property.
- Oversee all household staff at multiple properties including local property managers, chefs/cooks, housekeepers, groundskeepers and others. Duties include:
- Coordinating with local property managers, or if no local property manager for a property, being the property manager for such property.
- Ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are put in place, communicated to staff and adhered to at all properties.
- Developing best practices in creating staffing models, purchasing of goods and services, working with vendors.
- Focusing on risk management across properties in coordination with the FO Legalfunction.
- Hiring, managing day-to-day performance, administering compensation, creatingwork schedules, in conjunction with local property managers where applicable.Training staff to ensure they are knowledgeable about all aspects of their jobsincluding appropriate tools and technology.
- Updating policies and procedures, job descriptions, delegating and prioritizing tasksand duties.
- Insuring staff coverage is coordinated between houses and the relevant family officefunctions including executive assistants.
- Develop a strategic plan that covers maintenance, operations, service standards and financialand reporting guidelines, and train staff.
- Create effective partnerships with staff in the family office and the principals’ personalassistants to insure that bill paying and other needs are well-coordinated, handled on time andcorrectly.
- Oversee vendors and travel and financial specialists to bring the principals’ vision for theirhomes to life.
- Travel in advance of the family to ensure that all their needs are met as they move fromproperty to property.
- Travel to each property on a regular basis to establish and ensure service levels and overseegeneral operations.
- Coordinate with in-house construction project manager on renovation projects.
- Coordinate with the principals’ personal assistants and the family office’s Legal and HRteam, as required, concerning household staff issues.
- Assist with any additional care of family members and guests.
- Significant experience (minimum of 15 years) in either a family office client service role, orin hospitality or estate management including working in luxury settings.
- At least 10 years managing staff at all levels with a strong track record of attracting andretaining excellent staff and maintaining a positive work environment. Demonstrate solidunderstanding of management principles and the necessary human resources practices.
- Personal and professional flexibility and adaptability. Able to work outside of the standardM-Fri/daytime workday.
- Experience as the lead manager for a large property with past responsibility for staffmanagement, creating and implementing procedures and client experience.
- Display a true passion for service and excellence.
- Have a network of sources for staff and services.
- Knowledgeable in personnel and home management, property and grounds care, basicaccounting.
- An understanding of best technology practices in household management is preferred.
- Excellent relationship builder and communicator. Able to work with a wide variety ofhousehold staff and vendors, family office staff and executives.
- High level of initiative, integrity and organization.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Highly professional and able to deal with sensitive and confidential information. Diplomatictactful and discrete.
- Must demonstrate unquestionable integrity at all times.
- Able to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with the ability to deliver highquality work against deadlines.
- Minimum level of education: B.A. or equivalent.
Medical Insurance – United Healthcare Platinum Plan -100 % Company Paid for EE + Family
Dental Insurance – Guardian Plan 100 % Company Paid for EE + Family
$50,000 Life Insurance
Full Salary Continuation in certain circumstances for up to 12 weeks, for Disability, Workers Comp, Paid Family Leave, Paid Parental Leave
3 weeks vacation
5 personal days
5 sick days
401k – Company contributes 4% regardless if employee contributes or not
Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts – Allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for medical expenses
Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts – Allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for commuting expenses
Relocation package provided