Job Title: Manager of Properties - Hands-on - LOCALS ONLY
(Live-on property when principals are in residence in Westchester
The Manager of Properties will oversee the management and operations of 2+ properties in Manhattan and Westchester, NY. The Manager must exhibit a professional, poised demeanor, strong hands-on work ethic, excellent organizational skills, and a confident take charge attitude. It is also important for the manager to take pride in their ability to succeed and exceed expectations. The position requires complete flexibility in meeting the needs of the Principals and the ability to balance periods of 24/7 availability when Principals are in residence and time off when Principals travel. Manager of Properties and staff will provide primary efforts to fix and maintain issues on the property.
Essential Job Functions
~Main residence in NYC 6,000 plus sf
~Westchester residence 15,000 sf with a pool house of 5,000 sf
~Additional guest quarters are being built, once complete, the ~Westchester home will be razed and rebuilt.
~Staff of 3 housekeepers and chef in NYC, 1 housekeeper in Westchester. A portion of the staff from NYC will travel with Principals.
- Work closely with the Principals in handling any requests or needs with the utmost professionalism.
- Assume final responsibility for the homes, maintaining orderly operation and meticulous attention to details.
- Manage and oversee the operation and maintenance of the estate; the upkeep and preventive maintenance of all systems such as: security, HVAC, lighting system, AV, plumbing, electrical, and pool/hot tub.
- Oversee and maintain security for the estate and the Principals.
- Manage household staff, landscapers, and vendors who may be hired to work on the estates.
- Train and work with staff with regards to procedures, schedules and rules of the estates.
- Work with staff and understand their daily responsibilities and limits. Making sure the home is in guest ready mode at all times.
- Assist Housekeeper(s) with heavy lifting and hard to reach areas. Furniture, washers/dryers moved, area rugs lifted and vacuumed/mopped behind and underneath.
- Clean and vacuum HVAC vents as needed.
- Clean fireplaces as needed.
- Maintain clean and orderly mechanical rooms.
- Maintain domestic water filtration systems and replace filters as necessary.
- Handle event related activities such as set-up, scheduling, ordering special items and overseeing event.
- Be aware of arrival and departure schedules of Principals and guests.
- Cover house systems with guests and explain house rules.
- Act as a concierge to guests by making reservations, noting dietary restrictions, and maintaining overall comfort.
- Maintain extensive warranty and inventory files and keep track of repairs.
- Obtain quotes for all types of projects and work on property prior to submitting to Principals for final approval.Make recommendations for any major purchases.
- Coordinate with the Chef/Waitstaff when needed. Responsible for managing and planning all events for casual and formal dinners/parties.
- Maintain all equipment and appliances in the home and on the property.
- Maintain and update Household Manual.
- Create and maintain a household safety manual and procedures plan.
- Oversee and direct all grounds maintenance including maintaining records, schedules and log of action items and results.
- Oversee and direct all maintenance of automobiles including but not limited to inspections registrations, required maintenance, fueling and cleanliness of cars.
- Manage inventory of supplies and purchase as necessary.
- Maintain all equipment and service as needed to maintain proper and safe functionality.
- Maintain and repair tennis court structure.
- Monitor and maintain pool area and pools house.
- Ensure clean and organized garage areas.
- Monitor gates and security systems.
- Seasonal adjustments to irrigation system, pool and grounds care.
- Seasonal changing of storm windows.
- Perform snow removal as necessary.
- Maintenance of driveway and walkways including seasonal stone removal.
- Maintain the cleanliness of patio/porch areas.
- Maintain deer fence and other type of fencing needed on the property.
- Exercise generator on a weekly basis.
Salary: Extremely attractive salary!!
- 7+ years of experience as Household/Property Manager for multiple properties.
- Vendor Management with the ability to accurately monitor and review all household billing.
- This is a live-in position during times when family or guests are in residence in Westchester. 24/7 service mentality - concierge/butler coverage.
- Knowledge of ‘Smart’ home technologies.
- Well-versed in the art of formal serving of all foods and beverages, and able to be ‘hands on’ withservice.
- Comfortable with casual, family-style service for less formal events.
- Meticulous, personable and self-directed.
- Able to work with other staff members in a very supportive/team-oriented work environment.
- Have outstanding verifiable references.
- Understand that the utmost in confidentiality and discretion is required.
- A superb command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Computer literate. Thorough working knowledge of MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet.
- Must maintain a valid clean driving record and be bondable.
- Well-groomed and physically able to perform all duties of the position and willing to take a pre-employment physical.
- Proactive and anticipatory, with a service heart. Ability to think ahead and recognize the needs of Principals and guests.
- A flexible self-starter who is willing to pitch-in.
- Ability to build rapport and credibility with Principals, staff, the corporate office and vendors.
- Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Maintain safe food and housekeeping practices.
Medical Insurance – United Healthcare Platinum Plan -100 % Company Paid for EE + Family
Dental Insurance – Guardian Plan 100 % Company Paid for EE + Family
$50,000 Life Insurance
Full Salary Continuation in certain circumstances for up to 12 weeks, for Disability, Workers Comp, Paid Family Leave, Paid Parental Leave
5 personal days
5 sick days
401k – Company contributes 4% regardless if employee contributes or not
Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts – Allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for medical expenses
Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts – Allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for commuting expenses
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties
as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.