Job Title: Facilities Manager – Private Residences (Newly Created Position)
Job Location: Denver, CO Area
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Job Category: Estate Management
Salary: DOE & employer paid medical & 401k
The Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining the residential portfolio of a private family with primary residences in the Denver, CO area as well as vacation residences. This position will be responsible for overseeing all building operations, maintenance, safety and security systems, landscaping, irrigation as well as the management of regular contract maintenance performed by third-party vendors. The Facilities Manager will perform hands-on repairs, conduct in-depth inspections and audits of all equipment, plant & building systems and develop routine maintenance checklists, budgets, and logs. This position will report directly to the family and will work closely with the Household Services Manager to deliver superior service, preservation, and enhancement of the family’s assets. This position will manage several direct reports and numerous vendors and contractors.
The Facilities Manager will oversee annual and long-range capital improvement projects, including planning and coordination with building and landscaping contractors, architects, designers, engineers, and other consultants or sub-contractors as may be required. They will be responsible for developing and implementing a Facility Maintenance Master Plan to address deferred maintenance and necessary capital improvement projects. Travel in support of facilities requirements at other family-owned properties will be required. This position is a hands-on role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include:
- Creation of annual maintenance budgets in conjunction with the Family Office team.
- Creation of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly punch lists and maintenance schedules.
- Identify long-term professional property management resources for remote properties. Initiate and monitor work orders for maintenance staff. In partnership with the Household Services Manager, develop and implement process improvement strategies for tracking and completing work orders.
- Maintain property files and records, including all past, current and future equipment and maintenance documents (e.g., As-Built drawings, executed contracts, O & M Manuals, warranties, project schedules and specifications, budget documents, bids, etc.)
- Create and manage safety plans for the building and the residents including, but not limited to, fire protection, emergency plans, and safety plans.
- Experience with diverse regional environmental land use methodologies including hay production, cattle grazing, etc.
- Demonstrate poise, grace, diplomacy and the utmost professionalism in representing the family to vendors and service providers.
- Ensure flawless delivery of all services and systems by participating in and encouraging cross-group collaboration.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with all property staff and off-site partners.
- Institute weekly/monthly reporting protocols to keep the family and Household Services Manager fully apprised of the status of all properties.
- 24/7/365 coverage as required.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully:
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree (A.A.) from an accredited institution and five plus years relevant experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 or more years of facilities and mechanical systems management, preferably in a private residential setting. Ranch and/or farm experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining the confidentiality, safety, security, and privacy of a private employer.
- Five plus years managing direct reports within a high service, action-oriented environment with high levels of accountability.
- Significant experience with complex mechanical systems including electrical, lighting control, generators, elevator, UPS systems, plumbing, fire sprinkler, and HVAC.
- Experience working with MS Office is necessary, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. MS Project experience is desired.
- Experience with project management methodologies including project experience in scoping and budgeting capital improvement projects. Contract negotiation skills and ability to oversee large groups of vendors including architects, builders, engineers, consultants and interior & landscape designers is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal skills – fluent in the English language. Familiarity with Spanish a plus.
- Need a creative, conscientious problem solver who spends the family’s money like it’s their own.
- Must be a discreet individual with the ability to work independently as a project leader and as a team member. The successful candidate will be a “self-starter” who can relate well with others in an organized, efficient manner and with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Must be a critical thinker with the ability to exercise judgment, set priorities and cope with competing demands. Excellent time-management and general organization skills.
- Ability to work closely with family members, employees, vendors and design and construction professionals to promote a productive congenial environment.
- Ability to accommodate a non-traditional work schedule and remain flexible to meet the family’s needs.
- Possess a hands-on, “No job too big or too small” attitude and have a strong moral compass and sense of personal integrity.
- Unwavering ability to tackle difficult or challenging issues openly, with tact and candor.
A thorough background and reference check will be conducted for this position.