HOUSE MANAGER (NORTHEAST HARBOR, ME)
Private family seeks an experienced, professional and detail-oriented House Manager to oversee the successful operation and maintenance of their seasonal residence in Northeast Harbor, Maine.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the hands-on management and maintenance of a large home on approximately a 6-acre shoreline property. Seasonal occupancy typically runs from June through September.
Current residence staff consists of one housekeeper and two housemen. The property is also served by a full-time horticultural team.
- Complete oversight of residence staff; ensuring consistency of standards, procedures and services
- Maintaining household calendar; scheduling household services and providing prior notification to principals
- Coordinating with family chef on planning and executing special dinners and events; experience with formal table service and high-end event planning is a plus
- Coordinating with Art Collections Manager on delivery, handling, storage and shipment of fine art and furnishings
- Coordinating with Facilities Manager on maintenance and renovation projects
- Overseeing training and supervision of residence staff
- Approving invoices, household spending, timecards and PTO request for residence staff
- Serving as backup for residence staff
- Assisting with any additional care of principals as requested
- Handling special requests, errands and related duties as needed
- Providing excellent service to principals and guests
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience managing private residences and staff
- Utmost sense of confidentiality and discretion
- Professional, polished and poised at all times
- Excellent references from current and previous employers
- Strong management skills; adept in managing and supervising the household staff
- Ability to work independently as well as an integral part of a team, “hands-on” as necessary
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Knowledge of complex house systems (lighting, heating and cooling, security)
- Tech savvy with a demonstrated understanding of “smart home” systems
- Positive attitude, high energy, strong work ethic and an attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and time-management skills
- Flexibility in schedule with availability to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid United States work authorization
Salary and benefit package
This is a full-time, year-round position. An attractive salary DOE is provided along with a benefit package that includes healthcare, 401K, 2-weeks vacation with yearly reviews and increases based on performance. A relocation package will be provided to the successful candidate.