Title & description
#961 Culinary trained executive chef is needed for homes in AZ/CO
Salary Attractive Salary DOE
Location Phoenix, AZ
Executive Private Chef
Based in Scottsdale, AZ (live out); summer months in Aspen (live on or off property, housing provided) Well-rounded, diversely talented, formally trained, hands-on Executive Private Chef needed. Daily cooking, oversee 2 locations, 2 part-time chefs, purchasing, create monthly menus, and work to very high standards in food and sanitation. Report to Principal and Director, work with House Managers and staff.
- Prepare monthly menu cycles for lunch and dinner, both locations, plus staff meals (8-10 ppl)
- Consistently prepare high quality, fresh and artfully plated meals for Principal - Organization, sanitation of kitchens and associated storage areas - Shop, order, and provision food and beverages to preferences and house needs - Schedule, supervise, and mentor part-time Chefs - Pack meals to go when principal is out
- Fresh baked goods, pastries, bread - Coordinate formal service and menus with manager - Plan and execute dinner parties; minimal entertaining - Accountable for food costs and inventory - Daily staff lunch for 8-10 ppl - Clean kitchen nightly, with assistance - Maintain kitchen equipment and appliances, reporting deficiencies, oversee repairs - Usually Monday-Friday 10am-7:30pm; requires flexibility for guests or around principal’s travel
- Able to legally work in the U.S. - Excellent English - Clean criminal and credit backgrounds, clean driver license - Able to conform to house rules and protocols - Highly organized with professional time management
- Degree in Culinary Arts
- Best suited for a Chef with experience in a Michelin-starred restaurant - Professional in demeanor, affable personality, maintain workplace boundaries - Conservative and professional in appearance - Professional practices and quiet kitchen standards - Respectful of privacy, formal and reserved when speaking with Principal - Work well independently and as a leader - Easily handle dietary restrictions and preferences - Min. 5 years in a professional kitchen or in private formal service - Physically fit to perform job duties; lift, carry, climb stairs, drive, stand for long periods, use of common cleaning agents, driving, etc.
- Non-smoker - Like dogs